Tuesday, October 18, 2011

At LAX

Amanda ended up staying in the hospital unti 4:30 am this morning. She was really off due to the day of seizures followed by being anesthetized. She woke up feeling much better this morning, as did I. I have Dan's cold so I went to sleep at 7:30 last night. We are looking forward to getting back to NC and seeing all of our friends and family. My graduate classes also start tomorrow. Thanks for all of the love and support. I will post a more detailed blog post when I get home on what this all means for Amanda. I did see Dr Mathern yesterday and he confirmed that they will do a thorough review but that the seizures do appear to be coming from her right hemisphere, meaning they are coming from the good side that we did not remove. He was visibly disappointed when we discussed this and no one knows why they came back. What I do know is that Amanda is God's child and He will continue to use her in amazing and humbling ways. She may need to be on seizure meds for her whole life but that life still looks bright and will be filled with love, laughter, and good times. God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home