Monday, October 17, 2011

Whew... Seizures on EEG

So we have captured both her big seizures and the myoclonic seizures on EEG now. It has been a long evening but she is resting comfortably now and is responding pretty well to the desire rescue meds. The doctors will have plenty to look at on EEG. So now the prayers shift to getting the seizures to stop again. The big ones are stopped but she is still throwing myoclonic ones pretty regularly. I can't say it is ever not scary to see your child have a seizure so despite being exhausted, I dont think I will be sleeping anytime soon. Instead, I will watch over my sleeping angel while I try to decompress. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I think the plan is to reload her with Keppra to try to get all of the seizures stopped. We are awaiting a final decision from the neuro team on putting that plan into action. Thanks for the love and support. We are a lot closer to having some answers now. The MRI will be the final piece of the puzzle. I suspect we will be in the hospital a few more days in order to regain seizure control. Then, the plan will depend on their findings and recommendations. I will continue to keep the blog updated. Love to all. God Bless!
Susan

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Carol M said...

Glad you are closer to having the answers you are searching for....rest when you can! I admire your peace and sense of humor. Sending prayers your way.

Carol (Pingry) Milliron

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Susan Hermanson said...

Thanks Carol. She is back in NC and doing well. I enjoy seeing the pics of your lovely family on FB. Hope all is well with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home